Manufacturing Engineer (closed)
Our client has assigned us to initiate an executive search to source and qualify a Manufacturing Engineering Manager
• Responsible for managing all technical aspects of the maintenance and engineering organization within the Value Stream Organization.
• Establishing systems and processes with the team to ensure world class OEE & Equipment uptime.
• Lead Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities that reduce unit manufacturing cost in partnership with your Operations/VSO Manager.
• Responsible for coaching and mentorship of engineering and maintenance professionals.
• Define & drive strategies for step function improvements in manufacturing.
• Working with Manufacturing and Supply Chain Capabilities (MSC)/Advanced Engineering to implement next generation manufacturing solutions that meet world class lean manufacturing, maintenance & reliability standards.
• Responsible for managing maintenance and engineering department in a 3 shift production environment that includes both salary and hourly team members.
• Responsible for establishing and managing the department budgets for engineering and maintenance.
• Responsible for managing engineers and maintenance professionals.
• Responsible for people development and performance management.
• Responsible for establishing best practices and lessons learned sharing across VSO’s and other facilitates.
• Responsible for Policy Deployment attainment within VSO, for components of maintenance, continuous improvement, and manufacturing engineering.
• Responsible for ensuring VPS standards and Lean Manufacturing are applied consistently within plant and organization.
• Partnering with the VSO Manager establish Capital plans for current equipment and future equipment requirements that support M3P.
• Ensuring new equipment from MSC/Project Engineering meets required standards for acceptance, technically and for rate (units per hour).
• Maintaining plans of current and future projects for Continuous Improvement projects, establishing reporting standards & coordinating periodic meetings to track and report on progress.
• Participate and support immediate closure of escalation issues related to equipment uptime and operation.
• Improve OEE, machine uptime, reduce mean time between failures.
• Responsible for establishing department & employee performance metrics
• Establishing Problem Solving & Root Cause
• Safety first mentality.
• Strong interpersonal skills, that interacts effectively with technical/non-technical people.
• Driven, energetic, do it now attitude, that does not stop until the solution has been validated.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-tasks daily escalations with large projects, independently, as well as on a team.
• Demonstrated experience managing conflict, and employee performance management.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Total Productive Maintenance, precision equipment and automation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
• Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, And Continuous Improvement Experience.
• Knowledge of Electrical Code, Occupational Health & Safety Standard, Local and Provincial Laws
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial)
7 to 10 years of technical supervisory experience of medium to large teams.
Experience working in a zero downtime environment, with cross functional teams.
Demonstrated ability to manage projects and solve problems in an urgent manner.
If you have the desired skill sets, experience and leadership attitude to hold this position, please submit your resume to Job No. 265 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A competitive salary/benefits and bonus package awaits you.