Kitchen Manager (closed)
Job Description – Kitchen Manager
Position Reports to: Owner
Staff: Expediter, prep cooks, line cooks and dishwashers.
Passion for creating phenomenal food from a culinary-driven menu and experience in a high volume concept. Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality. Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen. Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
1. Prepares daily production list.?
2. Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period.?
3. Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portions servings correctly.?
4. Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
5. Places food and supply orders.?
6. Receives product be verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise.?
7. Hires and trains employees to company standards.?
8. Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
?9. Actively participates as a key member of the management team.?
10. Manages staffing levels throughout shift.?
11. Oversees kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary and strategic planning requirements.?
12. In conjunction with owner, this position helps create new menu items and specials that align with the brand vision.
13. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef at any time.
1. College or culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience providing familiarity with a variety of cooking styles and techniques.
2. Must possess the ability to train, supervise and instruct others. Able to exercise initiative, plan the work of others, and handle several tasks concurrently.
3. Passion and commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
4. Knowledge of all BOH costs and numbers...but paired with HANDS-ON cooking skills
5. Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
?6. Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including wood-fired char-broiler, pizza oven, fryers, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.?
7. A minimum of 5 years working in a food preparation position.
8. A minimum of 3 years working in management.
I. Hands on experience in preparing fresh, made-from-scratch menu items
II. Experience in food inventory and maintenance of kitchen equipment
III. Professional communication skills, oral and written.
IV. ?Actively supervises, motivates and disciplines employees.?
V. Hires and trains all BOH employees.?
VI. Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
VII. Organization and leadership skills.?
VIII. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player.
IX. Works well under pressure.?
X. Can effectively solve problems.?
XI. Able to take direction.?
1. 90% of time standing and 10% of time sitting.?
2. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.?
3. Behaves professionally and can be flexible in a changing environment.?
4. Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 70 pounds regularly.
5. Must speak fluent English.?
6. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.?
7. Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.?
8. Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs – including nights, weekends and holidays.
Can work independently with little supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer