Assist. RN Manager - Medical Respiratory Unit (closed)
New York, NY
Report this Job as Spam
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and the delivery of safe, competent patient care.
- Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
- Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
- Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
- Performs charge responsibilities, as assigned.
- Maintains clinical competence and is responsible for own professional growth and development along the continuum from advanced beginner to expert.
- Functions as a professional role model for staff.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, and objectives of the institution and department.
- Demonstrates a professional commitment to patients, significant others, and members of the health care team.
- Participates in identification, response to, and investigation of potential and actual risk management issues.
- Projects a professional image and maintains a positive attitude.
- Incorporates ethical principles in decision making.
- Promotes positive consumer interactions and upholds the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Participates actively in institutional committees, community agencies, and professional organizations.
- Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
Education: Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing