Tech Writer (closed)
The Technical Writer will author proposals, training manuals and reference materials for both technical and non-technical audiences. The candidate must have excellent writing and grammar skills plus a technical background, allowing them to translate complex technical data into user-friendly text. Working independently, the candidate must deliver accurate documents under significant deadline pressures. The candidate should have the ability to create and edit graphical content and diagrams, incorporating these graphics into documents. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to create, proof read and edit documents plus the ability to manage the document production process.
- Read and analyze content of RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- Plan, manage and organize the preparation of proposals in response to RFPs, customer requests, etc.
- Design, write, edit and produce content and graphics for proposals and other responses.
- Coordinate with SMEs to create technical and financial response and ensure accuracy
- Maintain a database of RFP topics, questions and responses
- Maintain an inventory of proposals
- Assist Sales team in preparation and editing of presentations and other materials for targeted industries and opportunities
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management solution (Salesforce.com) in tracking of business opportunities
Technical Writer- Job Description
- Work with development team to gain an understanding of solutions developed and create technical and user manuals based in that analysis.
- Work with project teams to create process documentation.
- Work with project teams to create application training manuals and other materials.
- BA or BS Degree in a related field required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and SnagIt a plus
- Experience with on-line help tools (e.g. RoboHelp) also a plus