Senior Java Developer (closed)
Our client is looking for a senior level Java developer who will work on a development team for their customer's Web applications. The position requires seven years of experience developing applications in Java in a structured SDLC environment and US citizenship.
This individual will act as the project lead and primary developer on a large Federa Program. . This small project is getting ready to deploy a new web-based case entry system containing sensitive PII data. The application is developed using J2EE technology with an Oracle 11g database as the back end.
This position is ideal for someone with a technical background interested in gaining project management experience. The individual will directly interact with the client, formulate and provide technical responses to customer requirements, serve as the primary developer, and oversee program operations and maintenance.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of new data changes and user requests; utilizing experience with Java/J2EE, JSP, Oracle.
- Directly interact with client, stakeholder and executives and act as customer liaison
- Able to formulate and provide technical responses to customer requirements
- Manage deliverables to meet milestone reviews and scheduled releases
- Prepare project plans, assigns resources and execute the plans
- Write system design and application code documentation
- Oversee program operations support
- Monitor progress against plans and reports progress to all stakeholders; take corrective action as appropriate
- Monitor scope, schedule and budget for the project; prepare status reports
- Manage customer expectations
- Perform job functions in accordance with established project standards and processes.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years development experience and at least 2 years of professional experience as a project lead or tech lead with a strong focus on customer relations.
- Hands on experience using Java, J2EE, JSP
- Certifications highly desired (e.g., Sun Certified Java Programmer Certification, Sun Certified Web Services Developer Certification)
- Strong SQL skills and experience with Oracle database
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team or project for at least 2 years
- Knowledge and experience using project and program management tools
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong technical background required
- Strong commitment in providing best value to customer
- Prior experience overseeing a few individuals is ideal
- Degree in Computer Science or related area preferable
If interested, please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org