Design Engineering Supervisor (closed)
Our client is a global leader in design and manufacture of transformers. They currently have manufacturing operations in Monterrey, Mexico and are developing their design team in Monterrey and as a result are hiring a Design Engineering Supervisor who will supervise the work of a team of 4 electrical and mechanical designers at the Mexico Manufacturing plants and will manage projects to a successful completion. The Design Team is expected to grow in the following years.
Work load management, support to internal and external customers, maintain and improve the quality of MIP (manufacturing instructions procedures) and drawings, support the corporate engineering for other plant product design activity and standardization between plants and plan / provide support for continuous improvement projects on lead time improvement, cost reduction and DPMO (Defects Per Million) reduction.
ü Assign the work load for all the designers at Mexico plant, manage work center loads to achieve Lead Time and SOT (Ship On Target) targets for the department. As part of this management, provide support to sales, manufacturing and other internal customers as well as external customers. Provide design support to other plants as part of corporate engineering
ü Review MOS (Manufacturing Operating System) data; work with designers to complete MIP (Mfg. Instructions Plan) and drawing correction in a timely manner. Work with designers to reduce the department and designer DPMO continuously to better than established targets
ü Plan and or provide support for projects on standardization, cost reduction and quality improvement. Should lead at least one / two projects a year.
- 3 to 5+ years previous product design engineering experience. Manufacturing environment a plus.
- 2 to 3+ years supervisory experience, prefer design supervision.
- Transformer design experience would be an asset, but not required.
- University Degree in electrical engineering is preferred but will consider Mechanical engineering degree or electro-mechanical engineering degree or similar.
- Experienced with Auto-Cad and SolidWorks or similar required.
- Microsoft word, excel, power-point etc.
- Must have excellent people and communication skills.
- Able to work in a matrix organization.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Must be hands-on.