Mechanical Engineering Manager (closed)
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you will have full autonomy over a large, highly skilled Mechanical Engineering department.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Through your Team Leads, set goals and manage successful performance of all employees.
- Work with the Mechanical Team Leaders to assign team members to projects based on availability, skill set and team dynamics.
- Operate as the expert for Mechanical Engineering on projects involving Applications Engineering, Production, Pre and Post Sales
- Manage the team within the budget parameters by forecasting, implementing and defining staffing plans, anticipating problems and risks and taking mitigating action, and alerting the Director of project variances within time frames that prevent budget over-runs.
- Plan and execute six sigma and lean initiatives
- Develop and implement technologically innovative programs to meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry
Your skills and qualifications include:
- A post-secondary technology diploma, or technical degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of complete control systems for industrial automation projects
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a Mechanical Engineering team with proven leadership qualities including, good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with and motivate team members, and a willingness to take responsibility
Exceptional Engineering candidates that are interested in exploring this rare opportunity with an organization that supports creativity, autonomy and excellence are invited to submit their resume in confidence to:
Director Talent & Development