DNS and DHCP Engineer (closed)
Responsibilities may include:
- The candidate will provide day-to-day operational support and engineering for the DNS and DHCP environment; ensuring maximum availability through proactive monitoring, analysis, maintenance, software configuration, upgrades, and patching.
- The candidate will design, maintain and troubleshoot the enterprise DNS/DHCP environment, and QIP management, and will be responsible for providing a secure, reliable and scalable solution. The candidate will have specific experience, knowledge and troubleshooting skills of DNS, DHCP and QIP management.
- The candidate will have excellent problem management & resolution skills, hands-on capability and customer support skills. Further, the candidate must be capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to improve the service; and deploy new services, processes and technologies.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ year?s working knowledge of DNS/DHCP
- 3+ years working knowledge of VitalQIP, preferably version 7.2 or higher
- Available to participate in a rotational 24x7 on-call support team
- Experience troubleshooting the VitalQIP suite of products in a large distributed environment
- Experience automating QIP processes using the QIP command line interface
- Demonstrated ability to transition knowledge to others
- Experience with appliance-based VitalQIP remote servers ? preferably Lucent appliances
Cisco CCNA or higher
- College degree, preferably in MIS, CS, EE or related program; however, equivalent experience, certification and training will be considered
- 3+ years of programming and/or scripting experience
- Experience in the configuration and support of QoS, VPN components, and Cisco ASAEffective communication skills to present findings and recommendations to a wide
- Proven record of accountability and delivery on commitments
- Proven record of exceptional achievement with minimal guidance