National Sales Director
The leader in governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) e-learning and advisory services, is searching for a National Sales Director to lead a group of Outside Sales Representatives to meet or exceed company goals for profitable revenue growth within the assigned territories. The National Sales Director may also be responsible for a geographic territory, vertical market, or named account list. Additionally, he/she will provide management direction for the sales representatives assigned to his or her team, and will manage relationships with other staff functions to ensure appropriate resources are available and focused to support selling objectives. This position will report directly to the EVP of Sales.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Select, develop, and coach a professional sales team to meet or exceed specific goals for profitable revenue growth.
- Develop and implement annual sales plans by Account Executive and account.
- Implement the company's sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to customer's decision-makers at all levels.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large accounts.
- Pursue identified business prospects, participating actively in the planning and sales process for new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing resources and the sales leadership team to define overall sales strategy, and to develop products and solutions responsive to the customer's business. Apply research insights and to provide compelling advertising solutions based on the company's business strengths.
- Coach Account Executives to build effective staff relationships that enable them to respond quickly to emerging customer opportunities, and provide for seamless execution of the company's business processes that exceed customer expectations.
- Encourage and requires high level teaming and collaboration skills to gain the committed and motivated efforts of the company's staff who do not report directly to the National Sales.
- Establish a planned program for sales coaching, working with Account Executives on all aspects of the sales process. Makes coaching sales calls with Account Executives to provide feedback, and to assist with large opportunities. Travels extensively to meet customers and to coach Account Executives in the field.
- Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business within the assigned account base.
- Minimum of ten years of business to business sales experience is required, with at least five years of sales management experience for global, national, or key strategic account business.
- An MBA or Bachelor's degree in business marketing, economics or related field is preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Consultative selling skills
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Staff consulting and relationship building skills
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Excel, Outlook, web, databases)
- Executive presence to influence senior decision-makers
- Knowledge of GRC industry a plus
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Salary plus bonuses
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flex (Medical & Dependent Care) Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability Insurance
- 401k + matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave