Machining Supervisor (closed)
Under general direction from the Operations Director, executes the activities associated with planning and scheduling of equipment and personnel in Machine shop. In conjunction with the Engineering, Customer Service, Materials and other manufacturing groups works to achieve stated business goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leadership and supervision of machine operators. Trains associates regarding methods, use of tools and fixtures, and fundamental principles of machining.
- Trains and certifies operators in the use of written Operating and Quality plans. Reviews associates work methods and forwards written training logs to Human Resources Department. Performs periodic audits to assure compliance with Operator and Quality plans.
- Plans and schedules shop activities to meet performance objectives and reviews with Manager as to status and progress.
- Assists with developing the methods, operations sequence, equipment, layout and tooling for the fabrication of components.
- Plans and schedules assembly personnel and equipment to meet performance and quality objectives.
- Evaluates staff performance, makes compensation and promotion recommendations, initiates and administers performance improvement plans
- Develops, implements and maintains lean tools and techniques.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Day-to-day activities associated with manufacturing including corrective actions, achieving customer specifications, adhering to quality procedures and achieving customer on time delivery expectations.
- Involved with both short and long term planning activities.
- Assist in the development of methods, process prints and writes operator plans, describing in detail the methods established.
- Assist with the development of time standards and monitors efficiency of current production.
- Provides cost estimating and Methods for Quoting purposes.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis.
- Maintains routings to reflect current production methods.
- Develops & maintains department layout and facilities planning.
- Creates current and future capital tooling justifications.
- Creates cost savings and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Be a mentor for shop-floor personnel in the use of existing and new manufacturing processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to communicate and interact efficiently and effectively with Managers, Peers, direct reports and shop personnel.
- Technical experience in CNC machining.
- Technical ability in associated technologies including but not limited to time studies, shop operations, material characteristics, machine capabilities and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Able to perform Root Cause and Corrective analysis.
- Knowledge of Geometric Tolerance.
- Proficient using Windows Office software.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical experience in Gear Hobbing and Grinding
- Experience in Single Piece Flow work cells.
- Solidworks, Autocad and FeatureCam Skills.
Education and Experience:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- A.A.S. in Industrial Technologies is strongly preferred.
- Five to seven years experience in a supervisory or team leader role.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing Lean tools and techniques.
- Proven track record of implementing Planning, Scheduling and control plans.
For immediate consideration, contact me at the following.