Metallurgical Engineer - KY #2255 (closed)
• Seeing that every MS heat is contrasted with ASTM, AMS & ASME standards.
• Scanning electron microscopy and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy microanalysis in the analysis of defects, as well as, other metallographic techniques.
• Simulation of phase equilibrium and transformation using Thermoca software to predict micro structural composition of material.
• Proposing corrective actions to prevent recurrences of defects
• Minimum of BS degree, Preferred PHD in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science
• 4+ years quality experience in steel manufacturing
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a Melt Shop
• Customer interface experience desired
• Flexible, adaptable, team player
• Good communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Be able to use statistics tools and specific software like Minitab, Statistica, etc
• Proficiency in Microsoft office
1. BS degree required, PhD in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science preferred.
2. 4+ years quality experience in steel manufacturing.
3. 2+ years of experience in a Melt Shop.
4. Experience with statistics tools and specific software like Minitab, Statistica, etc.