Retail Experience Manager (closed)
The intent of this role is to support the implementation of company's retail strategy and through the development and execution of visual point of sale merchandising to extend mobile device brand across carrier and retail channels, and on-device software and applications experience to drive greater consumer engagement and understanding of the benefits of mobile products.
Individual will develop the vision and implementation a plan for on-device software experience for consumers in a retail/carrier environment, including experience on mobile phones and interactive touch-screen devices.
Individual will work closely with the channel sales & marketing organization, and retail/carrier customers to refine, sell-in, implement, monitor, maintain and measure in-store strategy, consumer experience and execution plan.
Individual will also manage software & applications agencies, and retail marketing agencies that will provide support ranging from retail strategy to the development, installation, and maintenance of POS, software, and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Retail Mode Program: Responsible for the management of the ?live devices program? for retail merchandising, PR and training purposes.
o Work with agencies to define, develop, implement, and evolve on device retail experience to maximize consumer attraction and engagement with our brand at POS within our carrier and retail partner stores.
o Define content and consumer flow for retail mode devices, secure & load retail mode & content onto live device, and manage fulfillment and updates with all customers.
o Track and analyze consumer usage of in-store device demos, and make changes to drive best in class experience.
o Understand competitive implementations and ensure best in class in its execution at retail.
· Retail Security Solution: Responsible for development, sell-in, implementation and maintenance of a device security solution at retail that enables greater demonstrations of advanced capabilities of phones ? considering interaction with more mobile accessories, tablets, phone to phone, and phone to TV connections.Develop best in class look and capabilities of security solution that maximizes consumer engagement with devices at retail, looking ahead to ensure the solution can support evolving in-store experiences a few years out.
· Retail POS Materials: Drive development of innovative and highly effective visual merchandising solutions for various retail channels that reflect innovation, style, and design leadership in mobile devices with particular focus on the creation and implementation of ?permanent/semi-permanent? Dealer Agent merchandising elements.
· Reporting & Planning
o Work with various functional areas to set strategic retail & merchandising direction. Includes regular dialogue and creative collaboration with key accounts.
o Coordinate with Retail & Channel Sales team on development of surveys and reports on retail merchandising deployment, compliance, maintenance issues, etc.
o Support planning, logistics, execution, and maintenance of retail experience components (visual merchandising & retail units, etc.)
o Provide regular business updates to key constituents on problems, opportunities, successes and key learnings related to consumer engagement and satisfaction of in-store experience related to products. Included in analysis should be: elements of launch performance, data on consumer usage, engagement and feedback on live device experience, and competitive analysis.
o Manage multiple agencies from concepts to construction, installation, and budgets.
o Develop performance metric and measurements for program.
· A Bachelor's Degree in business in business or retailing from an accredited university.
· Minimum 10-12 years of business experience, with majority of years in retail marketing, shopper experience marketing, retail consulting, visual merchandising, or related experience.
· 3-5 years in wireless industry desirable, though not required.
· Strong knowledge of design principals and brand strategies
· High energy, strong work ethic
· Previous CPG or technology experience preferred
· Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret wireless product and marketing materials.
· Must have experience working with software or application development teams. Microsoft Standard Office Suite and extensive use of Windows presentation software in an NT LAN/WAN network environment.
· Advanced knowledge of the retail industry, competition and industry trends.
· Solid understanding of retail management, operations, design and the customer navigation and purchase path.
· Comfortable and knowledgeable about software and applications development to be able to guide agencies and internal SW teams to develop and evolve the capabilities of consumer experience on devices in a retail/carrier environment including mobile phones and interactive touch-screen devices, to drive consumer engagement and understanding of the capabilities of our products.
· Strong project management skills and the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous performance projects. Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities.
· Extensive experience in the production and oversight of manufacturing of pos fixtures to fulfill the objectives and timeline of the retail strategy and approach.
· Ability to anticipate future retail needs/opportunities and ensure that these are integrated into future merchandising strategies.
· Ability to make professional presentations and communicate articulately in writing through emails and reports, or orally to an audience of highly experienced marketing & sales personnel.
· Ability to develop tasks and work assignments, clearly define objectives, and give direction with applied knowledge of alternatives and decision-making experience to guide subordinates.
· Must be able to interact and negotiate within all levels of company, carrier and retail partners. Communicate and collaborate with others to achieve identified goals. Ability to foster effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
· Must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Must have advanced skills to conduct a situation analysis and develop a business strategy and action plan focused on improving market performance.
· Travel approximately 30% of time.