SQL Server DBA
Gordon J Staffing has another GREAT Opportunity!
Are you the "Best of the Best", "Cream of the Crop" and the "Sharpest Knife in the Drawer"? Are you looking for a really great contract opportunity that has state of the art equipment and cutting edge technology? If so, then please read on!
Currently, we are seeking a 2 Sr. Top-Notch Microsoft SQL Server DBA's that would enjoy working for our client in a Mission Critical, 24/7 large, production environment including User Acceptance, Development, and Test environments for fast-paced delivery. There is a high expectation in availability, performance and scalability to support the tremendous growth of various applications within the company. The DBA team is responsible for the design, build, ongoing maintenance, failure avoidance, detection and repair of the SQL Server databases associated with the applications.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Implementation and support of SQL Server Database Systems, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services on enterprise and dedicated Windows Servers to support various applications
- Design, install, tune, maintain and monitor SQL Server databases, products and services; including, but not limited to, storage management, DB performance tuning, DB software debugging, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance
- 6-9 years experience in the design, implementation, and support of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 databases.
- Experience with technology features in SQL Server such as Partitioning, File Groups, Replication, Materialized Views, and Options available in executing database statistics
- Significant experience with installing and configuring new SQL Server releases, management of database tables - sizing, expansion, and protection
- Strong SQL Server database performance analysis and tuning skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
- Solid understanding of the Windows server operating system.
- Experience producing logical and physical data models in partnership with the business, data architects and applications developers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills (listening, conflict management, approachability, negotiations).
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities
- Experience in large 24X7 production IT operations
- Must have experience in a large shop environment!
This is a fantastic open ended, long term contract opportunity in beautiful Charlotte NC...What are you waiting for, submit your Resume now to JGordon@GordonJStaffing.com
No 1099's No 3rd Party Agencies No Corp to Corp.