Manager, New Product Engineering (closed)
MRINetwork™ is the world’s largest executive search and recruitment organization. We have a global network of more than 1,000 offices. Management Recruiters - The Boston Group is our 5 office organization, established in 1966 to provide executive and management level staffing services to a wide variety of industries.
Our client is a manufacturer of luxury consumer goods and accessories sold internationally. In business since 1837 and always at the forefront of innovative design, join the team at this immaculate, state-of-the-art facility located in Rhode Island.
Our client has an immediate need for a Manager of New Product Engineering to plan and manage the daily activities associated with developing and transitioning new products into internal manufacturing facilities. Support the development of manufacturing processes and tooling to facilitate production efficiency and the on-time launch of new products. Partner with Manufacturing and Product Development to assure the aesthetic needs and production feasibility are achieved.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure project timelines are being met and procedural steps are being followed from initial design reviews to post launch "lessons learned". Identify and introduce new processes into New Product Engineering (NPE) o decrease development time and increase customer service. Maintain continuous and efficient communication with Product Development and Manufacturing.
- Coordinate and develop methodologies to manufacture new products. Ensure the utilization of new processes and proper manufacturing technologies are applied to the manufacture of the new product.
- Oversee the completion of all data elements related to New Product/Version control including the coordination of all estimates/ timelines/ costs. Design and develop accurate manufacturing documentation to integrate new products into the production environment.
- Manage engineering staff of 12-15, (Computer Aided Design) CAD technicians, model makers and other resources to support manufacture of new and resourced products.
- Manage all WIP (work in process) related to development efforts including final billing and disposition plans.
- Aid in the development and utilization of metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness, profitability and success of NPE. Collaborate with manufacturing to assign proper resources as subject matter experts for development of components and production processes.
- Provide proactive safety and wellness leadership by recognizing and rewarding employees who demonstrate good safety behaviors. Identify workplace hazards, educate direct reports on safety requirements, ensure ongoing compliance with applicable safety related policies.
- Bachelors Degree required in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Business
- 5+ yrs. related experience and/or training.
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical documents, blueprints and financial reports.
- Ability to write concise and understandable reports, correspondence and procedure manuals and effectively present ideas to management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Effective interpersonal and project management skills - demonstrated ability to lead large and diverse teams
- Experience guiding others; problem analysis and resolution.
- Microsoft office package including Project.
- JD Edwards or business equivalent
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- CAD skills (Rhino, SolidWorks) and knowledge of tool making.
Please email your resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word format to Karenv@mri-boston.com.