· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, ISDS or related field or an MBA. Four years of related experience can be used in lieu of a degree. Advanced degree or certification preferred.
· Requires knowledge of advanced technology, business applications, and the development process and systems design in such areas as multi-processing and multi-programming, terminal oriented and communication-based systems, languages, etc.
· Advanced knowledge of concept and theories to develop broad and advanced complex, concepts, analysis, and strategic planning, while understanding the impact to the business.
· Must have a minimum of seven years senior-level experience developing strategies in an IT discipline such as cloud computing, business systems implementation and change management, database administration, data management, application design or development, networks, client servers, business and/or operational support systems, telecommunications, computer operations and/or data center.
· Enterprise architecture experience is preferred as exhibited by an understanding of enterprise architecture methodologies and practice Including architecture frameworks and tools.
· Requires deep technical knowledge at a structural and strategic level across a broad range of IT disciplines including current applications development methodology/languages, project management and service capabilities with experience in some or all of the additional disciplines of database administration, networking, operational capabilities, server platforms, messaging, middleware, security and communications.
·Must have extensive experience with complex, heterogeneous information systems in large organizations with significant reliability, performance and security requirements.
· Healthcare payer experience preferred along with experience with selecting and implementing CRM, Call Center or other business systems.
The following skills are required:
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in leading business and technical teams together for a common purpose.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to translate technical terminology and processes to functional users.
The following demonstrated abilities are required:
- Promote, communicate and influence acceptance of the enterprise-wide point of view.
- Influence and lead negotiating activities in order to ensure the best business solution when several opposing viewpoints/alternatives exist.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish credibility and build strong business relationships with executives, leaders and other senior professionals throughout the organization.
- Understand the individual goals of the specific business units, functional areas, application groups and other IT teams.
- Coordinate participation of technology leaders throughout the IT organization.
- Conduct fact-finding or planning workshops that have a specific deliverable and timeframe.
- Collaborate with application, infrastructure & database architects to create, maintain and evolve the enterprise architecture framework and methodology.
Supports initiatives related to the IT strategic and complementary tactical plans in a responsive manner that conforms to the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Communicates frequently with development teams and the infrastructure support organization to create, maintain and evolve the enterprise architecture framework and methodology.
- Performs current state assessment and documents as-is business solutions/technical foundation.
- Maintains knowledge of our business plan and departmental strategic, tactical and operational plans.
- Aligns Enterprise Architect with strategic roadmaps (business plans, departmental goals).
- Defines, documents and makes recommendations for target state architecture based on future business requirements.
- Develops roadmap and establishes migration plan.
- Develops integration/interface strategies to 3rd party products and business entities.
- Applies application, data, infrastructure and process knowledge expertise of current and future-state architectures to projects.
- Participates, on request, with IT staff to guide operational improvements.
- Participates in the design and development of new technology and/or new systems for the organization.
- Facilitates a holistic approach to system/application design.
- Designs and maintains architecture artifacts.
- As a trusted advisor, provides technical leadership and consulting on information technology strategy, operational challenges and key projects.
- Defines and documents architecture governance processes.
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces architecture standards and guidelines.
- Reviews current and proposed IT projects for compliance with IT standard architecture.
- Advances the software development practice.
- Develops, manages, and builds positive relationships/partnerships with clients, vendors, business/industry associates, peers/other teams and staff to ensure a high level of personal and team understanding of the client’s business operations, IT support needs, and IT service expectations.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of business-oriented solutions aimed at providing positive effects on operational results while optimizing the overall impact on the organization’s performance.
- Understands IT Departmental Goals and Objectives and delivers work products to help contribute and ensure goals are established, me and/or exceeded.