Artificial Lift (closed)
Role Overview: A Subsea Production Engineering Advisor ? Artificial Lift is required for a Technical Assurance Team reporting to the Chief Production Engineer. Assurance of artificial lift in new developments and mature assets, optimisation.
The role is with a specialist subsea consultancy wing of an oil and gas services and engineering company who are taking over operation of assets or consulting on new projects.
Location: Surrey (West)
Basis: Staff position
Indicative Rate: Dependant on experience
As part of the Technical Assurance Team reporting to the Chief Production Engineer, responsible for assurance of artificial lift in new developments and mature assets and in the assessment of status of wells and the upside potential gain from artificial lift in new business opportunities.
Providing peer assist and direct operational support promoting technical excellence and safe practice in optimising artificial lift in existing operations and recommending artificial lift enhancements, opportunities and changes to optimise production.
Performance assessment of current artificial lift systems. Advising on artificial lift types and systems, installations, procedures and operations. Identify competence and resource requirements, review of performance and competence assessment of those supervising and operating artificial lift systems.
Work will be from the offices in Surrey but will often involve extended visits to operational sites around the world, with particular focus on production gains from any and all types of artificial lift:
· Assess the need for, make recommendations on the type of and advise on the implementation of well artificial lift programmes, processes, tools and procedures.
· Provide advice, review and direct operational support to asset and operational teams, both in mature assets and set up of new operations teams in:
o Installation and set up of artificial lift systems.
o Advise on technical requirements, systems and procedures for monitoring and optimisation of performance. Advise on local expertise requirements and assess candidates.
o Assisting setting up of artificial lift monitoring, maintenance and operation of those systems
o Troubleshooting artificial lift problems, whether due to design, installation, mechanical failure, flow assurance, corrosion/erosion, well performance, or mal-operation.
o Reviews of artificial lift performance, requirements and practices.
o Competence assessment and mentoring of staff responsible for operating, maintaining and optimising artificial lift in assets.
o Transfer of best practice for safe operation and maintenance of artificial lift, well maintenance and intervention
· Act as the Expert in Artificial Lift. Be part of the Technical Assurance Team.
· Demonstrate safety leadership. Advise on safe working practice, conduct and take part in safety reviews.
· Provide technical assurance on artificial lift requirements and existing system issues on all significant new business and existing asset investment opportunities
Qualifications & Experience:
· Degree level qualifications in Engineering or related relevant discipline.
· Internationally mobile.
· At least 15 years experience in international Oil and Gas upstream operations, including at least 5 years production operations management in an artificially lifted field, direct artificial lift operation or responsible for production optimisation in artificially lifted fields.
· 3 Years artificial lift experience in deep water subsea environments.
· Intimate knowledge of international regulations and standards and good oilfield practice as it relates to artificial lift.
· Experience of setting up and operating artificial lift systems and/or advising on artificial lift optimisation.
· Knowledge and experience of all types of artificial lift and selection processes, well and pumping system monitoring, maintenance and optimisation tools and processes, particularly with SRP and PCP.
· Good people skills in disparate environments.
· Able to demonstrate safety leadership.
Please register and apply online for this role or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 4411 472.
Deep Water Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency for this Role.