Associate/ Associate Director of Architecture (closed)
My client is a global multidisciplinary architecture and engineering practice with over 70 offices across the world, and a history of completing challenging and award-winning design projects that goes back over 50 years. They have won internationally recognized awards in sustainability, engineering, project excellence, and as an outstanding employer to work for.
Their Chinese offices focus on architecture, masterplanning and urban design, landscape and environmental planning for major mixed-use and iconic projects.
They provide a full multi-disciplinary service to clients, with the strong combination of international experience of their staff and local knowledge in China. They have successfully completed hundreds of projects in all sectors, including economic studies, feasibility analysis, planning and design, transportation solutions, architectural design, landscape design, civil and structural engineering, and environmental engineering.
This position is a very senior level one within the Beijing office, reporting directly to the Senior Design Director responsible for the overall management of the architecture studio. It would suit someone with extensive team management experience and a strong track record in architectural design. You will be managing teams across several projects concurrently, from the concept design stage onwards.
· Bachelor degree or above in Architecture from a recognized institution.
· Strong planning and presentation skills
· Capable of planning independently and managing teams of up to 10 design architects on a project
· Minimum of 10 years? work experience in architecture, some previous China experience would be a bonus
· Capable of undertaking projects independently
· Experienced in public construction projects including hotels, office buildings and retail-led mixed use schemes
· Candidates with overseas working or studying experience, or experience in foreign-capital enterprises are preferred
· Fluency in Mandarin would be beneficial