Plant Operations Manager (closed)
Accountable for Plant operations to achieve results identified by the Corporation’s Win Strategy. Leads a team of empowered employees to continuously achieve and exceed customer expectations. Broad responsibility and leadership for overall Plant operations. Implements the Parker Lean system and Win Strategy to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly expectations.
Provides leadership for Plant operation employees. Coordinates all manufacturing functions within the Plant environment. Plant may be a union or a non-bargaining unit/facility.
Responsible for all aspects of managing the Plant Operations to include: developing associates, ensure that team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, ensure that decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
- Profitably grow the Plant and achieve goals measured weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Work with internal and external customers to promote and leverage Company technologies, systems, products, services and processes.
- Establish and maintain premier customer service at all times.
- Lead strategy deployment for the Plant initiatives and growth.
- Lead Manufacturing functions to ensure operational efficiency and economy.
- Accountable for driving Lean initiatives throughout the Plant to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Ensure the Plant has proper inventory, production control scheduling, shipping/receiving logistics and quality procedures in place.
- Develop a budget plan and manage Plant within budget constraints.
- Instill and maintain a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Plant; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members’ tasks and coordinate support services needed outside the team.
- Utilize PDCA in conjunction with the Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
- Maintain familiarity with competitive environment.
- Provide leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
- Drive a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Management role within a Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to Management, customers, and employees.
- Previous experience in Team collaboration with the following Departments: Human Resources, Lean, Quality, Engineering, Information Technology Production Control and Planning.
- Practical experience in implementing lean technologies and practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Six-Sigma preferred.
Company provides an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, PTO, 401K, profit sharing and more! Additionally, you are provided excellent opportunity for career advancement.
George Konik Associates, Inc. (GKA) has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 35 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers.