Engineering Manager (closed)
We have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a large and growing electrical manufacturing company based in Edmonton, Alberta. The primary focus of this role will be to oversee the Edmonton Plant and help to make their organization a dominant leader in the industry. This company designs, manufactures and packages equipment and systems for the distribution, control, generation and management of electrical energy and other dynamic processes. They work with large industrial customers such as oil and gas producers, refineries, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper mills, transportation facilities, and public and private utilities.
- Implement policies, procedures, and organizational structure for within the framework of corporate policy.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the Edmonton plant’s expansion.
- Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of the company’s short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all engineering activities.
- Take a leadership role in the development and improvement of new and current products.
- Provide support to any number of projects from an operational, financial and resource standpoint.
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to subordinate engineers and designers toward their professional development.
- Monitoring availability and flow of personnel as well as hiring, motivating and assigning teams to projects.
- Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operational issues and difficulties.
- Insure overall team is maintaining a strong relationship with customers, consultants and suppliers.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Draft and submit budget proposals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the company.
- Assist the sales department in business development initiatives.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGGA
- 10 years direct work experience
- Competent and proficient understanding of implementation methodologies
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while maintaining emotional composure is crucial.