Techincal Coordinator (closed)
Kelly Services currently has an opening as a Warranty Engineer with our automotive client in Warren, MI! This is listed as a 5 month contract.
- The general requirements of this position will be to manage the development, validation and production of shocks and struts.
- Day-to-day, the employee will work closely with the shock and strut suppliers and the program teams to investigate and resolve development and warranty issues.
- The employee will also write engineering work orders to implement design changes as necessary.
- Travel between Warren and Milford is likely, on average 2-4 times per month.
- Potential travel to vehicle assembly plants or supplier manufacturing plants in North America.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates the design process
- Performs the design analysis
- Diagnoses and corrects deficiencies
- Assists in maintaining cost controls
- Provides technical direction to support personnel
- Initiates supportive build programs
- Plans and implements test and/or development programs
- Coordinates engineering activities as necessary with other departments and/or divisions
- Coordinates with suppliers and/or customers on a frequent basis
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
- Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Basic ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
- Basic understanding of materials, engineering theory and principles of design
- Familiarity with basic hand and machine tools
- Basic ability to use common measurement tools and techniques
- Position related experience - 3 years
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
As the local offices of Kelly Services do not represent the above position, please apply to this posting for immediate consideration. For questions regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 550,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2011 was $5.6 billion.