Mechanical Design Engineer (closed)
Our Client is searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be part of the new product development team in its fast paced environment.. The engineer will be responsible for carrying the mechanical design of new products from conceptualization through the development stage and into product introduction for release to production manufacturing.
- Perform mechanical layout and design of mobile products using 3D CAD tools (Creo) and ProE
- Development of motorized gear trains, moving parts, latches and other mechanisms as required Organize projects using Microsoft Office or other window’s based software. This includes communication with Asian vendors and manufacturing teams, maintaining product cost estimates, tracking open design issues, and ensuring all tasks are closed per program schedule.
- Perform engineering testing to ensure robustness of product design and document results for review within team.
- Generate engineering documentation in accordance with Company Policies and ISO requirements.
- Integrate design efforts from mechanical, electrical, and software engineering groups as a project evolves.
- Conduct design reviews to ensure product manufacturability, as well as quality of product designs.
- Research new and existing technologies and develop an approach to integrate these technologies in to products.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced 3D surface modeling capabilities (Creo) and ProE
- Strong knowledge of injection molded plastic design
- Experience with design of electro-mechanical systems and mechanism design
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering
Please email your resume as an attachment in Microsoft Word format to Karen Vaillancourt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to forward this info to another qualified candidate you may know.