Design Engineering Director / China (closed)
Do you want to be part of a WINNING team? Our client, a leading manufacturer and winner of People’s Choice Award, Walmart Supplier of the Year and numerous other awards, is seeking a Sr. Design Engineering Manager/Director for its China operations in Shenzhen and Suzhou.
This role will be responsible for establishing a design team and process to effectively create innovative products and detailed solutions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated solid analytical skills with a strong attention to detail. As a Design Engineering Director, you must possess a proven ability to develop strong cross-functional internal and external relationships through successful people management and interpersonal communication skills. You will set the direction in the creation of consumer products and design development.
- Bring products from conception to production. Set function strategy and priorities; design development from initial concept to on-going product support.
- Communicate design intent to factories by creating Technical ID Specifications detailing fit, finishes, color, graphics, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Marketing leaders to innovate, design and implement simple and elegant design solutions.
- Analyze trends for global markets and report findings to product development teams; explore new market opportunities and portfolio propositions.
- Provide support and guidance in the research and identification of customer insight and need gaps and help lead the development of new innovative solutions to address those gaps.
- Create visual and functional prototypes for research and internal review.
- Maintain quality assurance standards for design and color integrity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Sketch concepts for conceptual brainstorming as well as for presentation.
- Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems creatively.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an Engineering leadership role involving the design and development of complex integrated assemblies and or engineering systems.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of on the job experience in high volume consumer products manufactured in China.
- Understand team dynamics and encourage good relationships. Previous experience as a leader of cross-functional teams in a matrix organization environment with demonstrated strong leadership qualities and collaborative work ethic.
- Previous experience leading multi-disciplined team efforts in the evolution of products from concept through testing, verification, and approval.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; work independently with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Understand current trends, materials and innovations for design within the small appliances industry.
- Proven ability to drive innovation in the engineering conceptualization stages by pushing technology limits while balancing feasibility criteria such as manufacturability, cost, technology risk, and implementation schedule.
- Possess a broad view and understanding of the product development process with a solid understanding of manufacturing methods and materials, project planning, risk management (e.g. DFMEA) and other design controls.
- Endowed with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Come join our WINNING team in China!
Shēnzhèn is a major city in the south of Southern China's Guangdong Province, situated immediately north of Hong Kong. The area became China's first—and one of the most successful—Special Economic Zones. In 2006, the Dapeng Peninsula, the location of Shenzhen's best beaches, was nominated by the China National Geographic Magazine as one of the most beautiful coastlines in China. The city also sports famous architecture, museums, amusement and theme parks, shopping, theatres, spas/massages, bars, restaurants and an active art scene.
Excellent Competitive Benefits Package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth Options)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Programs
Email your resume today!
USA: +1-866-839-3503 / International: +1-936-545-1702