Information Assurance Technical Professional (closed)
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal! CGI is seeking an Information Assurance Technical Professional with a DoD TS/SCI clearance to support our defense contract in the BWI Airport Corridor of MD.
The successful candidate will provide Information Assurance (IA) support to the Chief of Security at the Defense Program Office (DPO) within the designated Network Environment (NE) and advanced level Computing Environment (CE). Areas of focus include intrusion detection, identifying and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities, and ensuring that remote access points are well secured. Additional focus will be centered on threats and vulnerabilities and improve the security of systems.
- Examine potential security violations to determine if the NE policy has been breached, assess the impact, and preserve evidence.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the NE.
- Perform IA related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the NE.
- Provide end user support for all IA related applications for the NE.
- Analyze patterns of non-compliance and take appropriate administrative or programmatic actions to minimize security risks and insider threats.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to NE systems and equipment.
- Analyze system performance for potential security problems, accounts, network rights, and access to NE systems and equipment.
- Assess the performance of IA security controls within the NE.
- Identify IA vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing.
- Provide leadership and direction to IA operations personnel.
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, hubs, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware to comply with IA requirements.
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and take appropriate corrective and recovery action.
- Ensure that hardware, software, data, and facility resources are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with system security plans and requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve IA problems in response to reported incidents.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic IA trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- Perform system audits to assess security related factors within the NE.
- Develop and implement access control lists on routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Install perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, grid sensors, etc., and enhance rule sets to block sources of malicious traffic.
- Write and maintain scripts for the NE.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying security requirements to an operating system for the NE or CE used in their current position.
- Implement applicable patches including IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), IA Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and Threat Assessments (TAs) for their NE.
- Implement response actions in reaction to security incidents.
- Support Security Test and Evaluations (ST&E), which is part of the C&A Process.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong technical skills able to clearly articulate Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and security activities to senior managers.
- Able to participate in small teams to accomplish complex work.
- Documented experience successfully preparing and submitting certification accreditation packages that have led to Interim Authority to Test (IA IT), Interim Authority to Operate (lATO) and/or Authority to Operate (ATO) as per the DoD IA C&A Process (DIACAP). Candidate must have experience in developing the following C&A documentation: CTP, SSP, Security CONOP, Security Architecture, Privileged User's Guide (PUG), POA&M, SRTM, ISA, RMM, etc.
- Documented experience in reviewing program risk data, creating overall view of program risk based on individual discrete risk elements.
- Documented experience in monitoring and reviewing processes to ensure compliance arrangements are in place; conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards.
- Documented experience of reviewing and tracking C&A documentation to ensure that documentation complies with DIACAP.
- Must have an understanding of DIACAP, ST&E procedures, DISA STIOs, vulnerability scanner and other IA and C&A tools and processes.
- Must be familiar with DoD policies/ directives/instructions (DoDI 8510.01, DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2), FISMA and relevant NIST Special Publications.
DESIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Completion of IA related courses through the DSS Academy or other accredited institutions.
- Professional certification in Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Environments.
- Willing to obtain DoD 8570 IAM Level II Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification within one year of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science; will consider related college credits plus 5 commensurate years of related work experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, possessing a current TOP SECRET DoD clearance based on current SSBI
- Must be eligible for SCI clearance
Qualified applicants must apply online at: https://cgi.njoyn.com/cgi/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=21001&page=jobdetails&jobid=J1012-0550&BRID=EX217959&SBDID=1
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to professionals located in 125 offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.