1200G17 - Field Services Technician - #Saskatoon, #Saskatchewan, Canada (closed)
This role is a full-time permanent position on-site in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Reasonable relocation assistance will be provided.
BHPBilliton, the Global Resources Company is one of CSC's major customers for IT Services and Consulting. One of our contracts is with BHP's DIiamonds & Specialty Products ("D&SP") customer sector group, which has recently moved its headquarters to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. BHP's principal interests are in the Ekati Diamond Mine and a massive long-term investment in developing mines in the Saskatchewan Potash basin. CSC manages production IT services for D&SP and provides consultancy services to the Potash projects.
CSC, a NYSE-listed company headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, USA, and three other major offices in Australia, Asia and Europe, has approximately 98,000 professionals serving clients in more than 90 countries. For more than 50 years, CSC have developed smart, technology-enabled solutions to solve our clients' toughest challenges, demonstrating a commitment to excellence and a passion for exceeding expectations. Currently CSC has a limited presence in Western Canada, but with our strong natural resources industry credentials and with the booming economies of Saskatchewan and Alberta, we are actively pursuing business in the region, with our BHP business serving as a base.
Successful applicants can expect a challenging role in an expanding environment, while living in the expanding cultural center of the prairies.
Essential Job Functions
- Interfaces with end users to resolve complex problems concerning system function which have been escalated through a problem ticket process. Assesses diagnostic information and determines alternative courses of action. Recommends and implements process changes.
- Coordinates and/or conducts install, move, add, and change (ICMS) activities based for complex activities including integrated equipment and systems. Creates plan to implement changes and works with appropriate parties to ensure implementation is meeting expected timeframes, service level agreements and other criteria. Measures, maintains and documents team performance in relation to established goals, time frames and service levels. Revises plans as necessary.
- Provides technical services in support of project work; works with project teams to develop, engineer and implement defined technical activities, such as distributing new personal computers, in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Provides guidance and training to client population on system and products to eliminate recurring errors for systems/products. Escalates issues or concerns as appropriate. Recommends changes to procedures and processes; implements as approved.
- Maintains currency regarding technological, process and/or other advances, specifically in line of service, to ensure team performance and to achieve team objectives.
- Creates and maintains systems software and hardware documentation and assesses system information where appropriate.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- High school diploma
- Two or more years of technical training in computer field
- Ten or more years of technical support experience
- Experience working with company products and operating systems
- Experience working with solving computer-related technical problems
- Experience working with company escalation policy
- 3+ years experience supporting hardware and software, including Windows 7 and antivirus required
- 2+ years supporting enterprise desktop required
- 3+ years supporting computer systems in a corporate computing environment preferred.
- Position is on-site in Saskatoon, CA.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel