Java Developer (closed)
Palace Gate Corporation is currently hiring for a Java Developer in Keller, TX. Our client is in the financial industry. This is a one year plus contract opportunity
This position reports to the Manager of Application Development.
The JAVA developer will join a team of architects/developers/designers working on the implementation of new clearing/risk management applications using modern JAVA and Web application technologies: Spring MVC, JAVA, DB2, JSP, and Servlet. An architecture framework has been built in house already on top of these technologies to standardize the usage and enhance the functionality provided by the underlying frameworks - a number of clearing applications were developed using this architecture framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Help with making further enhancements/extensions to the existing architecture framework to meet new user requirements
· Develop new client-side plugins
· Promote the adoption of coding patterns that improve the maintainability of JAVA code
· Develop new batch applications and maintenance of existing ones
· 7-10 years of overall application development experience
· 3 years of Java development in a WebSphere environment with JSP, Servlet, JDBC, RAD, and J2EE architect
· 2-3 years? experience with SQLJ, JIB X and Java Debugging
· 1-2 years of Spring Framework and Hibernate experience
· 1-2 years of Shell (KSH, Perl bash, etc.) programming experience
· Experience with Waterfall, Agile development methodology and SDLC
· 1-2 years of using SVN or similar code repository tool
· DB2 experience is preferred on either mainframe or UNIX/SOLARIS
· Prior experience with IBM mainframe ZOS and CICS is also desired
· JSP, Servlet, JDBC, RAD, and J2EE architect
· SQLJ, JIB X, and Java Debugging
· Waterfall, Agile development methodology, SDLE
Knowledge and Abilities
· Strong problem solving and communication skills
· In depth knowledge of testing processes
Palace Gate Corporation is an information technology consulting and full-time placement firm that is committed to the success of our clients and our talented placements alike. Palace Gate is consistent in matching the right people with right opportunity. Our company approach is simple: understand our clients? requirements, business needs and cultures in order to quickly identify the best resources to meet those needs and achieve business success. Palace Gate Corporation offers full medical and dental insurance, 401K, as well as weekly direct deposit.
For more information or to view all our open jobs please visit www.PalaceGate.us.