Supply Chain Planner (closed)
PUIG Supply Chain Planner
Customer Financial Services
Date: July 2012
- I. IDENTIFICATION:
Job Title: PUIG Supply Chain Planner
- II. REPORTING TO:
Direct Manager Title: PUIG Supply Chain Manager
- III. LEVEL OF THE POSITION:
Coty Leadership Model: Stage II
- IV. MISSION:
Improve service levels to North America while planning all aspects of the PUIG supply chain.
- V. FUNCTIONS:
- Review forecasts and inventory levels in Webplan and Manugistics to ensure they stay within the planned levels.
- In conjunction with the factory Supply Planner, review and maintain the PUIG factories’ production schedule.
- Deploy finished goods inventory to the DCs to maintain target inventory levels.
- Maintain inventory parameters in accordance with PUIG’s defined policies and processes to allow forecasts to be accurately translated into manufacturing production schedule in support of the Coty/PUIG business objectives.
- Provide production, shipping, and delivery updates on the PUIG shipments. Advise management of production and shipping delays.
- Troubleshoot, expedite, and de-expedite as needed to balance service and inventory, and respond to real-time in demand.
- Track overseas (imports/export) inter company shipments, following up on flight info/AWB number, clearing documents, invoices, and BOL.
- Work with the PUIG factories and customs broker to ensure timely clearance of incoming products into the US and Canada.
- Coordinate with freight broker regarding document transmittals/issues, shipment arrivals, custom clearing, truck arrivals & delivery of containers.
- Validate PUIG shipments arrival/receipt on the PUIG portal.
- Research inventory transactions related to the distribution, warehouse, and the NA Return center when inventory concerns arise.
- Provide Country of Origin, Harmonized Tariff Schedule and FDA codes for the PUIG products. Ensure SAP is updated on time.
- Provide Logistics data for the PUIG products to internal and external customers as required.
- Reconcile the Negative Inventory Report daily.
- Create and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Perform special projects and other duties as required.
VI. KEY INDICATORS:
- Customer Service Level – On Time Shipment (Percentage of Orders)
- Customer Service Level – Missed Dollars (Percentage By Value)
- Number of Skus Out of Stock (OOS) or below Safety Stock by Market
- Inventory levels by market (E&O, Obsolete)
- Inventory Days of Supply
- VII. KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS:
- At least 3-5 years of Planning experience ideally in a production and ERP/MRP environment
- A competent user of computerized IT Systems – Word, Powerpoint, Excel and other associated scheduling, forecasting software packages
- Production and Inventory Management and/or Supply Chain Professional certification preferred
- Customs Broker License a plus
- Customer Service Focused
- Positive and Constructive
- Questioning and Challenging
- Team orientated
- Proactive and “Can do” problem solving
- Process focused
- Excellent multi tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactions
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Focus on continuous process improvement
- Bachelor Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- VIII. VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL FOOTBRIDGES:
- Vertical: PUIG Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager/Director, OSP Manager
- Horizontal: Supply Planner, OSP Planner, NPD Planner, Deployment Planner