Digital Experiences Senior Manager (closed)
Digital Experiences R&D at Accenture Technology Labs:
Accenture Technology Labs develops Accenture’s annual Technology Vision, a technology survey that guides the technology agendas of Accenture and our clients. In addition to the vision, the Labs work to accelerate and validate the technology trends that will have the greatest impact on the businesses of our clients. As such, the Labs is at the leading edge of technology, and works to ensure that Accenture delivers the most valuable innovative solutions to a broad range of clients.
The Labs are divided into eight different R&D groups, each one focused on a specific area of technology. Each R&D group is tasked with defining the key trends for that area and for developing the thought leadership that establishes Accenture as a leading innovator in that area. One of the R&D groups is “Digital Experiences”. The Digital Experiences R&D Group is focused on technologies that Accenture’s clients use to interact with their customers on digital channels, including web, mobile, and in-store experiences.
This is an area undergoing significant change. The digital presence of a business is no longer confined to a web site. Businesses need to be present and active on a wide number of connected channels, and interact with customers effectively across devices and channels. The volume and quality of customer data is rapidly growing. Businesses now have more information about customers, and can use that information to serve them better. These customers are also changing, and expect better service through a number of digital channels. The Digital Experiences R&D Group is looking at each of these changes, and working on solutions that enable our clients to serve their customers better by taking advantage of new channels, new data, and new analytics to deliver richer digital customer experiences.
Members of the Digital Experiences R&D Group must be passionate about technologies, adept at learning new processes and technologies, and able to apply those technologies to some of the most challenging and exciting problems of the business world. They must be able to work with teams within the labs, throughout Accenture, and with clients to quickly bring new ideas to life.
A Senior Manager in the Digital Experiences R&D group is responsible for defining and overseeing the R&D activities for a particular technology area. This includes working with the R&D lead to define the overall vision for a technology area and the roadmap of projects that bring that vision to life. Senior Managers are also expected to be subject matter experts in their fields, and able to effectively communicate the value of their technology work to business audiences and technology experts. They must be able to connect new technological innovations to the most challenging business problems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 6 years of technical experience (developing/architecting robust systems using C, C++, Java, or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a client facing role (sales, business development, or similar)
- Consulting experience
- A desire to create business applications out of new technologies
- Understanding of technical architectures and the current state of the technology market in fields such as social media, web development, or similar
- Lead, coordination or participation in organizations and teams
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Experience in managing own and other's work effort including time management, estimation, completion, issue identification & resolution, and status reporting
- Desire to work in an R&D environment.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Base ability to establish credibility with clients and other team members
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote team mates on an ongoing basis
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.