Quarry Manager (closed)
Quarry Manager / Mine Engineer
Austin Professional Search Inc. is currently recruiting for Quarry Manager with strong experience in production management and a degree is mining engineering.
- Manage the production of more than 2MM tons per year for the Quarry ensuring the product meets or exceeds specifications required.
- Able to execute and contribute to a long range vision for the quarry by implementing agreed programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit with emphasis on long term principals, sustainability, and a creative work environment.
- Drive systematic approach in all facets of operations with a focus on continuous improvement in order to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Align with the organization down to the front line to give direction and push implementation of the organization’s strategy to fulfill its vision and mission.
- Utilize existing team concepts and continually collaborate efforts of subordinates as well as peer groups to ensure alignment in all areas of responsibility.
- Utilize existing KPI’s as well as develop new ones that will measure success and hold all employees accountable, including monitoring scorecards to ensure achievement of goals.
- Show ownership of safety initiative by insuring all safety procedures are being used, while also developing and supporting a proactive safety culture.
- Show ownership of environmental initiative by knowing regulating agency requirements to fulfill permit requirements.
- Coach and mentor subordinates through the budgeting process utilizing software and various data sources that is under Quarry Manager control, this includes being aligned with the site needs and ensure accountability of budgets.
- Coach and mentor subordinates through all training efforts, which includes behavioral and technical training.
- Participate in the coordination of repairs during outages to maintain a safe and effective flow of work to reduce downtime.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of all production employees through assigned Quarry production supervisors.
- Assist in overall plant planning, selecting the proper equipment and establishing the required manpower levels.
- Keep abreast of new equipment and technology so as to operate the Quarry facility at the lowest cost possible
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
Minimum of 3 years managerial experience with increasing responsibility as well as progressive experience in the mining industry.
Demonstrated the ability to effectively lead a $10MM + business unit.
Please apply to email@example.com