BMC Patrol Developer (closed)
We are currently seeking a BMC Patrol Developer for a contract opportunity based out of our Vancouver, BC offices
Start date(s): Immediately
Duration: ~ 3 Months
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong monitoring background and knowledge of BMC Patrol to insure monitoring profiles and notification alerts match client expectations. This technical expert has full knowledge of all phases of monitoring system design, development, deployment and support. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop scripts and code to monitor applications in large scale test and production environments.
- Develop extract routines from Patrol to load Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Develop alert messages from Patrol to notify support staff through SMS text messages or email.
- Work with support and maintenance team to define events, alerts and recovery scripts required to support operations.
- BMC Remedy, BMC Patrol, Remedy, Patrol, BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM), BMC Event Manager (BEM), BMC Patrol Enterprise Manager (PEM), SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SMS text messaging
- 7+ years IT experience
- 5+ years BPPM and Patrol experience
- 3+ years’ data extract and reporting experience
- 3+ years BMC Event Manager (BEM) (preference) or BMC Patrol Enterprise Manager (PEM) Rule Development experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with specific performance targets
- Application development and support experience within a publicly or privately-held utilities organization.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Experience with formal methodologies, preferably with Fujitsu’s Macroscope Methodology, for Application Management and System Development
Please address all email inquiries in .doc or .docx (MS WORD) format, along with your background & experience compared to the requirements of this opportunity quoting reference #356-64-MH2438 in the subject line of your email. CV’s can be sent directly to: 356-64-MH2438@apply.maxhire.net