Offshore Field Service Tech (closed)
Offshore Technical Service Personnel (TSP)
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 14,900 employees and operates 27 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
What FMC Technologies, Inc Offers You:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k): FMC offers a competitive 401(k) plan with generous matching contributions for non-union full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week. If you choose to participate in the 401(k), FMC will match your contributions dollar for dollar, up to the first 5% of your eligible pay (up to IRS limits). For those eligible non-union employees hired or rehired on or after January 2, 2010, FMC also provides a company contribution of 4% of eligible pay-whether you participate in the plan or not.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): You earn PTO based on your years of service with FMC. These days can be used for any reason-vacation, personal time, family illness, occasional sick days, etc.
- Extras: The FMC EXTRAS Program is a voluntary benefits and discount program. This includes home and auto insurance, pet insurance, home electronics, personal computers, wireless phones, mortgage programs, automotive discounts, deals on travel and entertainment, and much more.
- Facility: Clean environment with high safety standards. Free parking with secured access. On-site cafeteria and dining facility.
Purpose of the Role:
FMC Aftermarket Technical Services Department consists of Technical Service Personnel and Degreed Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Petroleum, etc) that are hands-on, product-application oriented individuals that function in an onshore and/or offshore work environment. FMC Aftermarket Technical Services’ focus is to provide our customers with detailed engineering, planning and onsite execution of services for installation, intervention, refurbishment and maintenance of FMC subsea and topsides equipment. Our goal is to provide technical support and services of FMC products in safe and timely manner that adhere to quality and reliability requirements that enable our customer success.
Technical Service Personnel prepare, support and troubleshoot the installation, testing, recovery, maintenance and repair of FMC oilfield equipment including, but not limited to: wellheads, risers, tensioners, control systems, subsea processing, trees, manifolds and tie in systems. Technical Services Personnel are on-site to coordinate, advise and interface with our customers and their contractors to ensure flawless execution of field installation and workover activities on FMC oilfield equipment.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS:
- Works independently to install, test and repair new and reworked FMC products (equipment and tools), insuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining FMC owned assets. Handles customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assures all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use by performing inventories and function-fit tasks prior to beginning each job. Records critical information such as dimensions, weights, temperatures, pressures and flow rates to ensure assembly/system will work per design and procedure requirements; also assists with the review of product testing, running and in some cases with assembly procedures.
- Completes tasks in accordance with procedures and applicable codes and/or standards.
- Provides “Project Support” as required, for all new projects which includes: assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and Systems Integration Testing.
- Establishes and maintains communication with Customer Representative
on issues including job installation/testing procedures, equipment, tooling and spare parts requirements, equipment and tooling function-fit and critical technical data (dimensions, measurements, weights, temperature, pressures and flow rates).
- Provides sales support through quality customer interface via excellent communication by insuring the customer is fully informed of all aspects of the job before, during and after/successful and unsuccessful tasks. Handles customer comments, requests and complaints in a professional manner.
- Completes Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) as product and procedural problems are encountered. Assures all quality issues and documentation (equipment and procedural defects) is communicated and sent back to FMC Service Management.
- Completes Field documentation (Daily, Service, End-of-Well and other required reports) after the completion of each service job. Maintains technical information readily available (Tally Book or other forms) to communicate general procedures, spare parts, critical dimensions as well as customer questions, concerns and complaints.
- Prepares and completes Safety related documentation (Job Safety Analysis, incident, and other required reports) consistently for the purpose of heighten safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Understands and follows all FMC and customer safety requirements. Proactively pursues safe work practices and participates in safety training.
- Proactively pursues the attainment of new technical training and skills for the purpose of advancing and updating knowledge and competence.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Typically 6+ months experience in field service technician role
- Requires intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following fields: Electrical; Subsea equipment; Hydraulics equipment; Mechanical equipment and tools
- Analyze trends or deviations from standards
- Proficient in applicable software applications
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to use technical tools and instruments required to perform duties
- Required to interpret job requirements and coordinate equipment needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are important
- Ability to receive, interpret, understand, and respond to verbal messages and other cues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade, influence, and facilitate problem resolution.
- Effective understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is critical