Experience Designer (closed)
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating break-through solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayments, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
We are looking for someone with high energy and a passion for designing and delivering delightful experiences enabled by technology, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate is a powerful advocate for the workforce experience, skilled in experience design and has proven abilities to work cross functionally to drive change and create delightful experiences.
This position is responsible for creating a positive experience for our workforce by conceptualizing and designing interactions as appropriate, appealing, functional, engaging, and effective. These experiences will also be visually unified with our Intuit brand to create a positive emotional connection between our workforce and HR. The experience designer is responsible for seeing the designs through the implementation and execution phases to ensure the final customer experience still meets/exceeds expectations. Once offerings are in place the experience designer is involved in a continuous cycle of learning from customers, providing the learnings back into strategy and designs for upcoming releases and new growth ideas.
- Demonstrates and applies solid user design skills to a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope.
- Receives little instructions on day-to-day work and general instructions for new assignments.
- Directly responsible for the design and execution of key projects.
- Ensures owned and related designs remain true to higher level requirements and the three key stakeholders.
- Improves the customers’ experiences by understanding what’s important, measuring how we’re doing, and driving priorities to improve.
- Uses deep understanding of the customer(s) to contribute to the development of Ease and Delight vision and goals across the core processes.
- Understands how they fit into the business strategy and establishes execution plan for own deliverables.
- Reaches across BU and functional boundaries to identify and be inspired by other examples of Delight.
- Prioritizes and reviews own deliverables against organizational goals and strategies.
- Uses knowledge of Design for Delight principles, to build and deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition.
- Networks with senior internal and external contributors in own area of expertise to advance knowledge and optimize solutions.
- Utilizes metrics to manage and assess deliverables.
COLLABORATION AND TEAM WORK
- Solicits and incorporates diverse perspectives.
- Actively participates in, shares and learns from the cross-Intuit XD work community. Contributes to cross-Intuit XD initiatives.
- Mentors colleagues on experience design techniques and approaches.
- Evangelizes the benefits of experience design and educates cross-functional team members about the strengths / weaknesses of particular design approaches.
- Teaches and builds skills in others
INFLUENCE AND CHANGE LEADERSHIP
- Influence and impacts multiple projects. Decisions impact both personal and team deliverables.
- Promotes speed, quality, and shared vision by getting the right people involved in decision making.
- Exemplifies and promotes the Intuit mindset about Design for Delight.
- People in the project teams and across the XD community want to work with you (because of your “what” and your “how”)
- Leads through influence and educates others so that they embrace Design thinking (rather than feeling “lectured to”)
- Proficient in relevant basic design tools for mock-ups and prototypes with expertise in the most important tools for their team. Coaches others in the use of the tools.
- Uses a solid understanding of technical capabilities and product development processes to influence design decisions.
- Creates estimate of schedules, work plans and deliverables for projects, communicate issues and risks.
- Shares relevant design and industry trends
- Applies and advocates design principles and iterative design processes.
- Generates multiple concepts that fulfill project goals and requirements, articulates the trade-offs between concepts and makes recommendation.
- Creates visualizations of concepts and ideas and facilitates generation of solutions.
- Successfully delivers designs and challenges limitations of what can be executed on.
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things.
How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …