CISCO Engineer (closed)
Since 1982, Sentinel Technologies has been recognized as a premier business technology services provider dedicated to delivering the highest quality customer service and support. As a proactive partner we are able to meet our customers’ business goals and maximize their IT investments. Our proven success has allowed us to expand our business from providing our customers support services to some of today’s most innovative technical solutions. By aligning with many of today’s global technology leaders including Cisco, Microsoft, EMC, and VMware, Sentinel solutions achieve tangible results. With single-source accountability, Sentinel can efficiently address a range of IT needs - from end-to-end solutions to targeted applications.
Highly skilled and certified teams assess, design, deploy and support customized solutions in three core areas: Data Center, Communication Technologies, and Managed/Outsourced Services. With offices in Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ, Ann Arbor, MI, Springfield, IL and Grand Rapids, MI, we service our customers both nationally and internationally. This evolution has resulted in unique opportunities for our employees to expand their interests and realize their full potential!
Don’t just advance your career, ACCELERATE IT TODAY!
Sentinel is seeking: Cisco Engineer
As an advanced Network Analyst you will implement and troubleshoot Cisco LAN / WAN mid to enterprise level client environments. Ideal candidate will be self motivated with the ability to perform autonomously. Must be a “doer” who can drive a project to successful completion. Strong implementation and troubleshooting abilities with exceptional customer relation skills.
- 5+ years of experience working with both Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Hands on experience working on Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches(6505, 6509, 6513)
- Experience working with enterprise or carrier class Cisco routers such as 12000 series, 7600 series, or CRS
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols, especially BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) – preferably experience designing and implementing large scale BGP networks
- CCNP is required
- Cisco ASA experience a plus
- Some Cisco Nexus experience a plus
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity with demonstrated ability to work and deliver under minimal supervision, and be able to work well with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information systems or related software engineering field.
As part of Sentinel's employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check prior to an offer being extended. Only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. No phone calls please.
What you get:
We offer an energetic work environment with many corporate culture amenities, competitive salary, and rich benefit plan including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 529, Life Insurance, Income Protection Short and Long-Term Disability, Medical and Child/Elder Care, Flexible Spending Account Plans, Employee Assistance Program, Two weeks vacation, additional paid time-off for Personal and Sick, Customized Training Opportunities, and Discounts for local event entertainment and health clubs.
Sentinel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you are interested in learning more please contact Kevin Luzan at email@example.com or 630-769-8594