Database Lead (closed)
Our media client has an immediate need for a database technical lead with a strong blend of leadership, Oracle batch processing, analytical & development skills.
The candidate will provide management leadership in the design, development and delivery of core applications in support of maintaining existing processes.
While work will be centered on the leadership of technical resources, the candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team in an agile development environment.
Education and Skills:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience with managing offshore teams
- Software release management and source control experience
- Ability to manage multiple technical issues in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Expert knowledge of the following technologies: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of Unix shell scripting
- Experience with high-level solution design
- Ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems in a transaction based system
- Experience with driving teams to meet project estimates
- Agile experience a plus
- BA or BS Degree required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the core development team in delivering project initiatives.
- Provide application functionality and technology expertise to technical resources.
- Remove roadblocks that impede productivity.
- Clarify ideas and ensure mutual understanding of concepts through both written and verbal communication.
- Engage in requirements elaboration and clarification with business analysts and product owners.
- Ensure that code review is performed to ensure that appropriate technical solutions meet business requirements.
- Support the isolation and resolution of production issues.
- When necessary, develop high quality code to resolve critical production issues.
- Creativity and innovation in problem solving while respecting best practices.
- Mentor/guide other team members.