Sr. Systems Engineer (Federal) - Washington, DC
Sr. Systems Engineer (SE) - Washington, DC (Federal Government Sector)
[Sales Engineer / Technical Account Manager (TAM), Technical Sales]
Exciting client looking for candidates with a strong pre-sales or professional services background coming from a solutions vendor that is selling to the Federal Government and has system & network administration experience on multiple OS platforms.
The company has offices worldwide (including the DC area), is privately-held, profitable, debt-free & based in Silicon Valley with ground-breaking technology deployed in the commercial, scientific, broadcast, government, military & Intelligence sectors. Very exciting opportunity, especially in today market.
Washington DC Metro Area
● Pre-Sales Technical Liaison
● Technical Demonstrations & Presentations
● Support Sales & Business Development Teams
● Technical Sales Lead to Government Agencies
● Excellent verbal & written Communication
● Familiarity with Federal Government, DOD & Intelligence Community Customers
● Familiarity with Federal Government Standards, Terminology, Technology & Security
● Proficiency with Standard Business Software Plus Salesforce.Com
● Software Installation & Configuration
● Cross-Platform System Administration On Windows, Unix, Mac & Linux
● User access control & network file system configuration for RAID & SAN
● Network configuration & troubleshooting
● Shell scripting (bash, Windows shell, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.)
● Basic LAMP (web server and database server) administration
● High-Availability (HA) Design & Clustered System Configuration
● Security: Techniques for privacy, authentication & configuration of SSH/SSL
● Working knowledge of PKI, LDAP & Active Directory
● Ability to Quickly Troubleshoot Issues in Complex Environments
● Five years minimum experience supporting the sales of software solutions to Federal Agencies
● Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
● High Performance Computing (HPC), Broadcast/Media Production or Big Data
● Travel throughout the US
Compensation: $100K-$180K* base + commission
*Salary is based on experience demonstrated during the interview process.
pre-sales, presales, pre sales, Salesforce.com, application engineer, SE, systems engineer, sales engineer, technical account manager, Technical Sales, FAE, field engineering, field marketing, windows, unix, mac os x, linux, network configuration, shell scripting, ssh, ssl, application software, ip networks, raid, perl, python, bash, ksh, kshell, san, PKI, LDAP, Active Directory
Marcus Webster & Associates specializes in networking and communications for domestic and international entities, in the public, private, non-profit and governmental sectors. We are your voice in the Nation's Capitol and your source for IT professional services for the following arenas:
Real-Time & Embedded Systems
Audio & Visual Systems
High Performance Computing
Digital & Video Systems
Apple Pro Video/Film
We provide business related technology and staffing solutions for customers, including Sales, Marketing, Pre-Sales (FAE/SE) and Engineering for software and hardware vendors, including, but not limited to, organizations involved in OEM/ODM related activities.
Clients vary from commercially well-established companies to well-funded start-up firms involved in the Aerospace, Security, Digital Media, Medical, Broadcast, Mobile, Industrial, Military/Defense, Automotive and Film/Video industries.
Your Real-Time, Embedded, High Performance & Digital Video Systems Experts