Social Worker (closed)
To provide individual group and/or family therapy to people with emotional problems in an outpatient clinic setting in order to maximize functioning, and prevent hospitalization.
- Act as primary therapist to a caseload and perform case management functions as necessary.
- Communicate with family, collateral, other agency staff and coordinate services with other agencies, on behalf of clients.
- Conduct individual, group and/or family therapy as appropriate to client need.
- Conduct intake screening and psychosocial evaluations of assigned clients.
- Develop and implement outcome-oriented treatment plans, in conjunction with case psychiatrist when necessary.
- M.S.W. Degree required. Certification by the New York State Department of Education required.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security and other entitlements helpful.
- Demonstrated competency in written, verbal and computational skills to present and document records in accordance with program standards.
- Experienced in and demonstrated comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the interdisciplinary planning process and the developmental treatment model.
- Three (3) years post M.S.W. experience preferred.
- Specialized training and experience in working with disabled preferred.
- Experience in working in short-term/solution-oriented modalities and groups preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred but not required.
When responding please remember to attach a resume, those with no resume attached will not be considered.