Case Manager (closed)
Under the general direction of the Case Management Director and Case Management Supervisor, the Case Manager assists consumers with chronic mental illness and developmental disabilities in coordinating services that are needed and desired. This position is also subject to criminal and abuse background checks, and may require pre-employment drug screening.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to all clients including: intake assessment, benefit assessment, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, tenant education, advocacy and referrals.
- Meet with clients weekly or bi-weekly
- Connect families with needed and available community resources.
- Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency database.
- Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of a client are valid.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, and evaluations.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations.
- Experience working with persons in crisis.
- Good documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Bilingual a plus
When responding please remember to attach a resume, those with no resume attached will not be considered.