Electrical Engineer (closed)
Swift Worldwide Resources is an international recruitment firm specializing in talent acquisition within the oil and gas industry. Swift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey recruitment solution to capture top technical and management talent by designing bespoke packages that align with the unique needs of our clients. With approximately 3,000 employees in over 30 countries, Swift has an expansive global footprint in the oil and gas recruitment industry.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support global capital engineering projects within their engineering ground located in Wilmington, DE. These projects will provide support at their manufacturing sites located across the globe. Engineering provides a global engineering consultancy service to manufacturing sites to support operations and capital projects.
- Our client is a global company creating value for their customers and shareholders across a portfolio of advantaged intermediate chemical technologies, high performance polymers, and differentiated fiber and other downstream products. They value their employees and abide by their guiding principles to ensure a happy, healthy and respectful work environment.
The successful engineer will collaborate across multiple departments and staff (excellent verbal and written communication skills), work effectively with operators, mechanics and exempt professionals, and apply economic thinking skills to assigned projects and work. The successful engineer will also be goal and results oriented with an ability to organize, plan, and prioritize based on highest work value.
The role you will play:
• Prepare design basis information including scope of work, field data collection, design criteria, design approach, engineering workload forecasts, cost estimates and schedules.
• Audit and monitor the deliverables of outside engineering firms for design quality, safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and constructability.
• Apply engineering principles and practices in the design of equipment and facilities to provide the optimum technology solutions meeting business needs.
• Initiated electrical power system studies, coordinate utility interface and the preparation of single line diagrams.
• Conduct special studies, such as alternative analysis as required
• Prepare specifications for major electrical equipment including supplier selection process.
• Review vendor prints, shop drawings, and field installations for compliance with contract documents and applicable national codes.
• Interface closely with other technology discipline personnel during the preparation of engineering package to assure concept, system and schedule compatibility.
• Establish proper electrical classification for manufacturing facilities and establish and establish criteria for equipment selection.
• Provide technical support and consultancy for root cause analysis of causes of equipment failures.
• Travel as needed in order to perform functions such as construction site inspection, information gathering and/or client meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with at least 10+ concurrent years of experience including 10+ years of project design experience.
• Experience with project execution methodology.
• Experience with the design of electrical power distribution systems (system planning, medium and low voltage distribution equipment, system protection and coordination, grounding and lightning protection).
• Experience with the design of electrical power utilization equipment (motor control centers, variable frequency drives, induction motors, electrical heating and lighting)
• Experience with interpretation and application of the National Electric Code (NEC) and other NFPA recommended practice guidelines.
• Experience developing single line diagrams and control schematics
• Experience performing short circuit calculations and developing and applying criteria for selecting electrical equipment.
• Electrical PE License
• International project/field experience