Analytical Chemist – Spectroscopy and Surface Science
A Global Medical Device company in the West Chester, PA area, who is currently searching for two Analytical Chemist – Spectroscopy and Surface Science (2 openings). Part of their Quality Assurance group – reports toManager, Materials Process Validation.
A Leading Global Medical Device company is looking to bring on TWO Analytical Chemist I – Spectroscopy and Surface Science. They have a back log of 100 products that needs technical review and another 100 more will be due by the end of the year. The hiring manager DOES NOT want Chromotographers
Analytical Chemist I – Spectroscopy: This individual will be the one who looks at everything that makes up a product internally and externally from a chemical point of view.
Analytical Chemist I –Surface Science. This individual will be the one who looks at everything from a surface point of view or a microscope point of view.
Candidates can come from Med Device, Pharma or EPA (Extraction background)
This individual will review externally generated lab data from (infrared spectra, x-ray spectra, thermal analysis data and total organic carbon test results. They are looking for contaminates.
They must have strong analytical interpretation skills
Tools that candidates must be able to use without consultation:
- Infrared Spectrometer
- Ultra violet Spectrometer
The Analytical Chemist I – Residue Analyst will be responsible for conducting laboratory testing, review of externally and internally generated laboratory results, and writing summary chemistry reports. Other responsibilities will include data analysis including gravimetric data, spectra, and chromatograms. The Analytical Chemist I will work very closely with the Manager, Materials Process Validation to interpret spectra, chromatograms and microscopic images as they relate to company products and processes. Excellent organizational skills are a must. Position will require hands-on lab work including method development and validation. The successful candidate will be analytical, versatile and energetic, with the ability to function at all organizational levels. They will be required to participate in and coordinate multiple projects. They should have broad-based technical interests with the desire to participate in a hands-on, fast entrepreneurial environment.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Prepare analytical method development plans, validation documents and test method documentation.
- Review laboratory data for accuracy, consistency and completeness; identify results with potential issues requiring further investigation.
- Prepare summary reports from laboratory data.
- Compliance with cGMP and GLP requirements.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous analytical laboratory experience required with the following instrumentation and methodologies:
- Gas Generator (H2, O2, 0-Air)
- Ultrapure Water Systems
- Microwave Reaction System (Anton-Paar)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer (Thermo Electron iS10 FTIR)
- Diamond Attenuated Total Reflectance Accessory for FTIR
- Ultrasonic Extraction (Branson)
- Soxhlet Extraction
- pH / Conductivity / Ion Specific Electrode Analysis
- Cyclic Voltammetry Analysis / Polarography (Metrohm)
- Gravity Convection Ovens
- Analytical Balances
- B.S. Chemistry required, M.S. Chemistry, preferred
- Three (3) years analytical laboratory experience minimum
- Preference given to candidates with instrument-specific experience
- Federally regulated industry experience required (e.g. FDA)
Please send resume to email@example.com or call Rose Chu at #610-822-1256 for questions.
Vice President, Pharmaceutical & Biotech & CRO Services
Global Employment Solutions, Inc.
One Presidential Blvd. North, Suite 310
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004