Penetration Testing Engineer (closed)
Title: Penetration Tester
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Our client, a leading provider of cable and telecom services, is seeking an Information Security Engineer to work closely with the business and technology owners. This position will be primarily responsible for Information Security Penetration Testing in support of Security certification activities. The focus is ensuring that systems, networks, and environment are designed and implemented to the appropriate security standard.
- Performs vulnerability scanning and risk analysis as well as penetration testing.
- Works closely with business units across the organization to enhance the overall security posture of the TWC environment.
- Key contributions will be conducting security evaluations of systems, assessing technical and other control mechanisms, and validating exposures from a security perspective.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security principles, standards, practices and subject areas.
- Expert with various network, host and application security protocols, tools and auditing packages.
- Extensive experience in network vulnerability testing and security assessments.
- Information Security Certifications, such as CISSP and CEH, GPEN, CPT, GWAPT or GIAC.
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols, and applied cryptography.
- Adept with onsite and remote penetration testing of network, web communications and all elements of LAN/WAN, Internet, IDS/IPS, encryption, and firewalls.
- Skilled in the use of pen testing tools such as nmap, nessus, dsniff, backtrack, metasploit, coreimpact, network sniffers and fuzzers.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and results-oriented with flexibility to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelors degree required.
*** W2 only; No third party or 1099 candidates ***
Send resumes to email@example.com