Mobile QA Engineer (closed)
Do you love mobile technology? Do you feel passionate about delivering quality mobile products to millions of consumers? Do you feel excited when your friends find your mobile apps delighting?
If you have the right technical chops and love working with latest technologies in mobile space, are outreaching and collaborate cross-functionally with various teams to consistently deliver quality mobile apps capable of seeking 5 star reviews, this is your opportunity to join a stellar high performing mobile team at Move, Inc located in Campbell, CA. The Move Network of real estate sites (REALTOR.com®, Move.com®, Moving.com, SocialBios.com, to name a few) have the deepest consumer engagement among all real estate sites, with the highest number of unique users visiting the most pages and spending on average 250 million minutes per month.
As an individual (Mobile QA Engineer) working within the mobile engineering team, you are self-driven, self-initiating and will demonstrate great inter personal skills to lead the quality charter while understanding the business needs and transforming them into practical, well defined test cases that are executed with automation as well as white/gray/black box testing approaches. You will partner with developers, product management, user experience design and business intelligence teams to seek clear alignment so as to define accurate testable scenarios and translate them to fit into the automation frameworks. You are very hands-on with mobile development and are curious to dig deep when required. You love white-boarding and feel confident in carrying an in-depth technical conversation with your peers. You absolutely have an eye for consumer mindset and is able to weave that into mobile testing.
- Perform business/system requirements analysis and review
- Identify the testable requirements and prepare the test strategy for each of the testing types identified
- Partner with Mobile Development teams to identify testing criteria and to write test case based on wiki docs and/or white-boarding discussions
- Design, develop, document, execute, and maintain manual and automated test cases and scripts
- Work closely with the Mobile Development team to troubleshoot and work with developers on resolving/triaging issues to ensure deliverables that meet the cross-functional team's go live criteria
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent thereof
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering
- Proficient in SQL and Database validation
- Experience with iPhone, Android, and/or Windows 7 Mobile technologies
- Strong and demonstrable experience writing automated tests and integrating automated tests
- Working knowledge of one automation framework, such as NUnit, JUnit or TestNG
- Experience testing native mobile apps (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience testing mobile applications (preferred)
- Experience testing multi-tier applications utilizing web service calls (preferred)
- Java/Objective-C/Ruby programming experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills to discover and resolve root causes.
- Good communication (both written and verbal). Must be able to communicate in a concise and effective manner.
- Self-starter with great interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Download our mobile apps: www.realtor.com/mobile