Device IOT Testing Engineer
The Testing Engineer will be responsible for Device IOT testing in the IOT lab being set up in South Lake, Texas. Device IOT Lab will be responsible for validating the network Inter-Operability of devices that we launch through branded, non-branded, OD/M2M and other channels.
1. IOT test execution for branded, non-branded, M2M, Open Development, Chipset Certification and development projects. Post-launch device support and debugging, in coordination with network team. Test plan development, automated test script development.
• IOT Test Engineer will be responsible for using extensive knowledge Verizon Wireless network architecture and specific network vendor products (ALU, Ericsson, NSN, Cisco…etc.) to execute IOT tests using devices that are supported on Verizon Wireless network.
• Will work closely with network team, Product Development, Marketing and other internal teams to develop test cases that represent end-user scenarios and use cases.
• Will work with work closely with maintenance engineering, system performance and service performance teams to reproduce and debug problems reported from the field.
• Work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, while keeping up with new technology and industry evolution
• Apply creativity to identify device issues to deliver best end-user experience
• Create partnership with device vendors, test equipment vendors and internal teams for overall success of the business
2. Lab support and upgrade, OEM interface, 3rd party test vendor interface.
• Analyze test results against network call flow and Verizon Wireless device requirements, working closely with device OEMs to root cause and resolve issues.
• Partner closely with Verizon Wireless infrastructure IOT lab to set up network configurations in support of testing various network/device profiles
• Work with test solution providers, both HW and SW for automated IOT testing
• Use issues tracking systems and tools to report & document test results
3. Process improvements, test coverage analysis, test improvement based on lessons learned.
• Apply excellent analytical and problem solving skills to identify problems quickly and work with device manufactures and internal teams to resolves issues to meet target launch dates and delivery commitments
• Help develop RF profiles to simulate various iRAT transitions to represent various field scenarios
• Bachelors Degree in EE/CS or equivalent
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in wireless devices and network infrastructure testing employing CDMA/EVDO/LTE
• Experience in test tracking tools and issues reporting systems
• Prior experience in following process and contributing to process improvements
• Strict adherence to quality and familiarity with quality management systems
• Knowledge and experience in CDMA/EVDO/LTE diagnostic monitoring and debugging tools such as QXDM, CAIT, LLDM, Ethereal…etc
• Good familiarity with all common PC operating systems including Windows 2000, XP, Vista, PPC, Unix and common mobile Operating Systems such as Android, Brew, Window Mobile, iOS…etc.
• Proficient in test systems and test automation environment for effective use of automated testing
• Demonstrated ability and success with PC applications such as WORD, EXCEL, Access, PowerPoint.
• Self motivated, with strong technical leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Effective and clear communication; both verbal and written
• Work independently with minimum or no supervision; set own goals to achieve results in alignment with organizational priorities and goals
• Excellent team working and team building skills
• Be able to multi-task and adapt well to frequent priority changes
• Demonstrated leadership qualities with attention to detail
• Familiarity with wireless standards and industry organizations such as 3GPP, 3GPP2, ETSI, CCF, GSMA, GCF…etc.
• Some travel may be required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Demonstrated communication internally and externally, in a clear and concise manner
• Continual education toward deep understanding of wireless device technologies and experience to identify testing/requirement gaps and be able to incorporate lessons learned for test and process improvements
• Be able to lead teams/sub-teams without losing focus on individual contributions and deliveries
• Keep up with Verizon Wireless device requirement and test plan changes and apply the knowledge to pinpoint non-compliances.
• React quickly to customer issues by supporting post launch and field test teams.
Please Apply: http://www22.verizon.com/jobs/
Job ID #293834