Senior Systems/Satellite Engineer (closed)
L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3 Communications. Its employees deliver specialized services and advanced technology in support of intelligence and enterprise information technology solutions for government and commercial entities around the world. L-3 STRATIS is proud of its consistent application of industry best practices and its ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in its motto, Powered by Excellence.
- Senior Systems Engineer will help analyze requirements, design algorithms and interfaces, and design and execute various levels of software and system requirements tests. Tasks will include satellite systems analysis, HMI design, database design, all phases of testing, and requirements documents development that cover all mission planning and mission management software components, such as satellite payload configuration; terminal constraints; communications network planning and configuration; satellite link analysis and optimization; satellite communication resource management; and cryptographic planning and management.
- Senior Systems Engineer must be able to work and contribute in a structured, team-oriented environment. Experience with EHF MILSATCOM mission planning, mission management, or mission operations with satellite systems such as Milstar, UFO/E, Advanced EHF or similar communications satellite systems is a plus. Must be technically fluent with the ability to recognize, evaluate, understand, and propose solutions to highly complex engineering problems.
- 6+ years experience with satellite systems OR6+ years experience with mission/communication planning
- Working knowledge of writing and executing software test plans
- Working knowledge of requirements generation a plus
- Experience with military or commercial satellite communication systems a plus
- Experience with MILSATCOM systems such as Milstar, UFO/E, or Advanced EHF a plus
- B.S. - SE, EE, or other technical field
- Active Security Clearance (Secret or greater) required
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.