Packaging & Raw Materials Procurement Leader (closed)
Location: Toledo, OH – US
The Raw Materials & Packaging Procurement Leader is responsible for implementing the Manufacturing Operations plan that services our customers and delivers the EBIT and working capital targets for the North American Fiberglass Insulation Facilities.
This position is responsible for leading a team of packaging & raw material buyers / planners who are responsible for having the right packaging & raw materials to execute the production scheduling, inventory management plans.
The position reports to the Insulation Systems Business Materials Planning Leader.
- Development and alignment of raw materials & packaging lead times, order quantities, inventory programs, and inventory target levels with the finished goods production and inventory plans.
- The role requires coordination and communicating across the Commodity, Vendor, and Supply Chain organizations.
- Develop and track key supply chain performance metrics to include relevant service, cost and working capital measurements.
- These metrics include schedule attainment, inventory quality, material escalations, no GRNI kick-outs beyond 30 days, customer delivery lead-times, STO (Stock Transfer Orders) spend vs. budget, & SMOI (Slow Moving & Obsolete Inventory).
- Promotes & insures best practices and standard work for the procurement processes are implemented and adhered too.
- Understanding of supply chain principles in the areas of forecasting, sourcing, production and inventory management is required along with the ability to translate these principles into operation.
- Leading and Developing Talent
- Designs the CI and Quality organizations to create highly valued and sought after positions with strong accountability and development opportunities
- Creates and environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation
- Effectively creates and fill openings with competent people using internal promotions and external expertise when required
- Effectively invests time to coach the organization, direct reports, peers, and all leadership, to have the capability to drive ever-increasing levels of employee engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- Prior experience directly leading teams
- Working knowledge of SAP as well as appropriate analytical tools such as Excel and Access
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prior work experience and/or APICS certification including:
- Inventory Management and Control
- Production Management
- Demand Planning
- Business and Financial acumen
- Strong planning, resourcing and delegation skills
- Ability to engage and care for others starting with safety
- Ability to achieve results fast both individually and through teams
- Has Company Spirit
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 58 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.