Materials Superintendent (closed)
Responsible for administering, directing, and supervising all activities related to the material handling and shop floor activities related to materials pertaining to the assigned shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises Material Supervisors, Team Members and material operations to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of activities and delivery schedules.
- Coordinates shop floor layouts and changes to ensure efficient operations within the department; participates in analysis of shop floor operations to evaluate material flow inefficiencies and develop corrective actions to resolve concerns.
- Institutes and maintains safe work practices and capability of directing plant emergencies.
- Observes operations within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of manpower and equipment: takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Oversees the training and development of Material Supervisors and Team Members in both the sociological and technological aspects of their responsibilities.
- Ensures strict compliance with Quality Control standards and promotes the Company’s reputation and image as a “Quality Producer”.
- Communicates and counsels employees to maintain a high level of understanding of receipt, storage, and delivery of materials to the production lines.
- Manages in such a way as to promote and maintain a high level of trust and integrity with material department employees.
- Analyzes production to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to the plant’s profitability.
With the Plant Manager and Operations Manager, study operations where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action
Education Required & Preferred:
High school education or equivalent with some college preferred.
Experience Required & Preferred:
3-5 years experience in a production environment with evidence of increased responsibility a plus