Application Architect (closed)
Responsible for the design, construction, integration, testing of application packages in MSI, App-V and Thinapp format for distribution to the enterprise via SCCM. Candidate must have a strong background in packaging technologies including Admin Studio Install Shield (Preferrably V12 Experience). Candidate must also have experience preparing packages for delivery via SCCM 2007.
This is to support an effort to migrate approximately 1600 packages from Windows XP to Windows 7. Strong preference for candidates who have experience with Windows 7 migrations projects.
• Engages business requestor to document packaging requirements where needed for specific software needs to include software configuration, dependencies and prerequisites.
• Convert/Remediate XP based MSI packages for migration to Windows 7.
• Engages developer or vendor to determine technical configuration requirements when necessary
• Creates application package in MSI and Virtual format (App-V and Thinapp).
• Creates SCCM package for delivery of application to target audience.
• Arranges testing with business requestor and appropriate Quality Services team.
• Remediates issues discovered during testing phase.
• Gains appropriate sign offs that testing is successful
• Engages Software Distribution for production deployment of application packages
• 2 years of experience in Application Packaging using Admin Studio
• 2 years of experience in Creating MSI formatted packages
• 2 years of experience in Creating Virtual Application packages (VM Ware ThinApp and MS App-V)
• 2 years of experience in Creating SCCM packages for deployment
• 2 years of experience using VB Script
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science
• 5 years of experience in Application Packaging using Admin Studio
• 5 years of experience in Creating MSI formatted packages
• 5 years of experience in Creating Virtual Application packages, Thin App and App-V
• 5 years of experience in Creating SCCM packages for deployment
• 5 years experience using VB Script