Sales Director (closed)
Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data and market intelligence.
Additional information about our Company can be found at www.genscape.com
Our team of almost 170 employees at Genscape is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. We have offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Boulder, New York and Louisville, Kentucky.
Sales Director Job Description:
The Sales Director will be responsible for generating new business in the power market data space and will be selling Genscape’s Power Products. Additionally, the position calls for supporting and up selling existing customers in his/her region and will report to the VP of Global Sales.
- Achieve revenue and margin targets by driving sales of existing and new services to current and new customers
- Manage Genscape’s 4-stage sales process (prospecting, qualification, trial, negotiation) efficiently and fully document interactions using Salesforce.com
- Become fully knowledgeable about Genscape’s range of services
- Gain a thorough understanding of the power market in order to identify sales prospects and understand business drivers
- Serve as the advocate of the customer and provide input and feedback to Genscape’s operations and development teams
- Ensure high levels of post-sales customer satisfaction and retention
- Provide input to and support for Genscape marketing initiatives including events, product launches, e-mail marketing and partner marketing activities
- At least 5 to 10 years of direct B-to-B experience selling high-value services in energy market data or a closely related industry. Must have experience with selling to Energy Traders, analysts, risk managers, or other closely related energy market data recipients.
- Must have experience in selling power market data, analytics, or other similar product lines.
- Experience in presenting to senior managers at prospect companies and executing big ticket sales is essential.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field; MBA or related Masters Degree a plus.
- Consistent record of success in exceeding sales targets while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and integrity
- Proficiency in software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and Salesforce.com (or comparable CRM application)
- Ability to travel up to 30% - primarily within the US.
- Position to be based out of the Boston, MA area
Compensation: Genscape offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with knowledge and experience, with a significant component driven by achieving sales revenue targets.
Genscape is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability.