Entry Level Sales (closed)
American Equity Mortgage is one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders with a proven history of success. For 20 years American Equity has held integrity, leadership, strength and stability making us highly respected in the industry, as well as throughout the communities we serve. We are committed to getting our customers to a better place specializing in helping people save money through mortgage refinancing, debt consolidation, and home purchase loans.
A proud recipient of the Stevie Award for best overall company we highly believe in recognizing our companies’ top performers with multiple award programs. Our employees are continually growing with our ongoing training and support along with upward mobility promoting from within our organization. Our commitment to helping others carries into social responsibility to support and assist the communities we serve through AEM Cares our corporate giving program to support charitable causes nationwide.
The Branch Marketing Specialist is an entry level sales position designed to prepare individuals with limited experience in the mortgage industry for a career as a licensed mortgage originator. A Branch Marketing Specialist works closely with our licensed Mortgage Consultants to convert leads (generated by the company and other sources) into personal appointments with potential customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Contacts lead sources provided by the company, and transfers potential clients to licensed Mortgage Consultants
- Studies for the national and state licensing exams
- Completes general processing functions for Mortgage Consultants
- Assists with clerical functions within the branch
The Branch Marketing Specialist is expected to obtain their Mortgage Originator License within 60 days of hire. To this end, AEM will provide specialized training in conjunction with on-the-job-experience.
- Self motivated, self starter, driven to succeed
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong math skills, computer skills and understanding of financial and purchase transactions.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with customers, agents, and other parties associated with loan transaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Work, and Excel
Education and Experience
- BA degree preferably in finance, business, or marketing
- Base Pay + Bonus
- Health/Dental coverage
- 401(k), Retirement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Voluntary Life and/or Disability Insurance
- Annual, Quarterly and Monthly incentive programs
Come and be a part of our team and help people get to a better place!