Senior Project Controls (closed)
Our client is a major construction company with operations across Canada. The industries they service include mining, infrastructure, oil & gas and building.
As a result of their continued growth and strategic plan they have identified the requirement for a highly qualified and skilled Manager Project Controls for their oil & gas construction division. The role is based in Calgary, AB.
To provide on an individual project basis, planning/scheduling, estimating, cost control, cost engineering and risk management support to the construction and project management team.
- Monitoring Contractor to ensure Contractor complies with Company's requirement as per Contract
- Provide an independent assessment and quality check of deliverables and reports especially progress, cost & schedule forecast, variation and claims
- Review and validate control systems, procedure, organization and personnel, to ensure they meet the company requirements as per Contract
- Regularly report the updated activity to the Project Management Team, in a timely manner as required
- Analyze and communicate early to Project Management Team any trends that may impact on key project parameters and provide an indication of any potential impact
- Prepare the higher level input into the overall Company Project Management reporting documents and systems
- Provide input to the risk management activity and alert Project Controls Management of any issues related to cost or planning/scheduling impact
Experience and qualifications
- 5-10 years' experience in a construction/ general contracting environment on Oil and Gas projects
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree or equal background with solid Project Controls Experience
- Broad knowledge and experience to deal with EPC Contract, Project Control progress control, cost control and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of processes throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to extract information from a diverse cross section of project personnel and transformation into procedural format
A comprehensive salary and benefits package reflecting the seniority and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you feel this challenging role is the next step in your career, please send us an e-mail with a copy of your most recent resume to email@example.com. Please be assured that all conversations and information provided with be handled with the utmost confidentiality.
We look forward to hearing from you.