Compensation Analyst (Downtown Houston) (closed)
Human Resources (HR) is a great place to be in Shell. It involves managing the processes that affect human performance and attitudes in a way that delivers business results. The value added by HR activities can significantly increase the rate of return on Shell’s investment in people. HR policies and processes directly impact the bottom line through employee attraction, onboarding, retention, development of leadership capabilities and motivation.
Shell places a high value on it staff, and within Shell, HR is a valued partner with business leaders and is a trusted resource for resolving employee issues and advocating employee interests. Our global community of HR professionals, is accountable for the quality, implementation and execution of these processes to deliver better business results.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
- Analyze and submit survey input data with 3rd party provider to ensure proper job matching occurs
- Review changes in Compensation module to configured properly for US requirements
- Track and coordinate Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) assessments
- Conduct annual Total Pay determination for non-Exempt bonus calculations
- US pay delivery activities including developing and delivering training
- Ensure accurate delivery of global Graduate program within the US
- Communicate Pay delivery procedures for US
- Tier 3 support for Local Services on Compensation Policies
- Focal point for various US businesses during pay planning
- Participate in interdepartmental projects
- Perform compensation presentations as needed to business groups and new hires
- Develop and conduct various training activities
- Provide consultation on various compensation matters
- Other special projects as assigned
Key / Special Challenges:
Management of multiple priorities
Analysis and management of large volumes of data
Deal with confidential information and implement change initiatives
Manage multiple stakeholders
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than current employer
Minimum three (3) years of experience in HR
Project management skills
Proven ability to manage relationships
Strong Analytical, Documentation, and presentation skills
Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.