Telecommunications Engineer (closed)
The Telecom Engineer will be responsible for the telecommunications systems and services for the ViaCord Division and all other PerkinElmer sites globally. This position supports a 24 x 7 Call Center environment with approximately 200 users. The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong knowledge and experience in architecting, engineering, and deploying enterprise voice systems such as Cisco Contact Center infrastructure, Cisco networking/VoIP and should have prior experience leading enterprise projects.
- Mastery of designing or supporting UCCE 7.x and 8.x
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x and 8.x
- Must have previous experience with Cisco UCCE Enterprise Contact Center deployments either in a design or supporting role.
- Responsible for the end to end Call Center routing environment for PerkinElmer; including network and IVR design; ACD script/menu design & development; routing documentation and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Serve as a resource and liaison to IT/Telecom personnel on any issues regarding call center telephony technology configuration.
- Work with key IT and business partners to conduct root cause analysis on technical issues impacting call center performance and communicate findings and resolution.
- Strong written and communication skills including creating conceptual diagrams in MS Visio
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Proactively plan for business events (holidays, site events, etc.) to ensure proper workload routing is implemented. Provide input to the operational planning and support of the Call Center relating to call routing functions and potential improvements to existing processes. Strong hands-on knowledge of the installation, implementation, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment (such as Cisco Contact Center), Call Center applications equipment, and voice/data facilities.
- Responsible for call routing disaster recovery design, planning, documentation, testing and execution.
- Manages all Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems, networks, ancillary systems, and emergency telecommunication services for the division.
- Ensures network support, documentation and process controls are maintained.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Monitor and approve telecom/network bills for ViaCord Division.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships including contract reviews, cost analysis and SLA performance.
- Participate with the business in telephony strategic planning and develop business requirements for new IVR design/development and any other future major telephony/CTI technology advancement.
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing; translates technical decisions and strategies into business terms and implications, produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences
- Motivated, self-starter with a take charge type of attitude.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with Cisco Voice Technologies supporting a geographically distributed voice environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Networking, related field or equivalent amount of work experience desired.
- In-depth knowledge of IVR scripting.
- Ability to work well with people from other business and technical disciplines with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Experience reading, writing and analyzing technical documents and write and maintain technical procedures.
- Experience with complex call-flow design including distributed contact centers and multi-site system implementations.
- Strong background and proven ability in voice, toll free networking, VoIP, and carrier services.
- Excellent technical abilities including: Cisco UCCE - ICM/CVP, VoIP, Verizon Toll Free Network Manager.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the strong ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Please apply online at: